Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 9

I was a little blue today. I woke up feeling the pressure of a Saturday morning SPIN... I didn't make my play list last night, I had nothing by the time the end of the night came around. So I made my list this morning with my Chai in hand- Only songs I really wanted to hear LOUD.....Class was amazing.......such a good energy....it was a lot of work!...lots of heavy climbs and quick jumps.

I came home and had a fixing for Blueberry Muffins so I made them from my cookbook- I wiggle with my own recipes too!!!!....I added ground oats to them and sprinkled them with just a little bit of sugar- only on the tops....they came out SOOOOO good.

I had made polenta last night for tonight- I wasn't sure how I was going to make it but it was ready and waiting in the fridge. I just used Polenta corn, added a veg bouillon, and then I layered it in a loaf pan with vegan cheese. You let it set up and then it is slice able- so delicious. You can also buy pre-made Polenta but it is so easy to make it seems silly not to.

I took a long nap this afternoon and then went to teach yoga tonight at the studio. It was such a nice class- the heat felt good- like a break from the cold raining ice that was falling outside. I came home late and it wasn't until I got here that I knew what was for dinner;




Oven Roasted Polenta with White Bean & Sun Dried Tomato Ragout with Kale.

Ragout:
  • 1 can of cannelini beans- white beans, drained
  • 1 large clove garlic- minced
  • 2T olive oil
  • chili pepper
  • black pepper
  • 1 ripe tomato, diced
  • 2 halves sun dried tomato- sliced
In the pan, let the garlic and olive mingle until golden, then add the tomatoes, chili and black pepper. After about 5 minutes, add the beans and sun dried tomato, cover with about a 1/2 cup of water and let cook while the polenta is roasting (I put the polenta slices in my convection oven on a oven proof dish for 40 minutes at 350 then started the sauce).
I served the slice of polenta smothered in the ragout over garlic sauteed kale...DINNER WAS BAD ASS DELICIOUS......

No comments:

Post a Comment