Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 8

OH YES I DID......I couldn't help it............ It's vegan......AND it's on a whole grain sprouted bun.

I took yoga, taught yoga and was feeling a wee bit behind the 8 ball like I was in one place for too long. Even after class, I had all of the errands I had to run....1st stop was the Co-Op....more bulk Decaf Chai (local), more nutritional yeast, a banana and then when I strolled down toward the Veggie meat section- there they were.....vegan hot dogs....I looked several packages over and was like......"yea....tha's what I want for lunch"...I didn't get home until about 3pm, between shopping, dropping off UPS, getting gas, going to the studio...I was psyched for my "hot dog".

I got all of the fixings, yellow mustard, Sauerkraut (when I was little I used to call it "sour crap") and whole grain buns....I had leftover Dragon Bowl for breakfast after yoga and I soaked Chick Peas for tonight's dinner so I knew I would be redeemed later today with healthier food choices, brown rice, kale. It feels so cliche, going vegan and then suddenly craving everything FAKE MEAT oriented.....or MOCK style something or other...I have to say it was such a good lunch, it was satisfying to have the end result match and exceed the craving.....

"always do my best" is what's been my thoughts lately.....Say a prayer over the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment