Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DAY 6


After 2 days of domestic bliss, I decided I could definitely make a living as a homemaker. Things that I don't do or usually dread doing (dusting, laundry, vacuuming) get lovingly done with attention and desire for taking care of where I love to live .......when I have time to do it. The past 2 days have been about food, family, tending to home, yoga and connecting, thank you Snow.
We had left over bread and tomato soup for lunch and we are racing through the bread faster than I would have thought possible but then again.....it's bread- LOVE BREAD....... Last night, while cleaning up the kitchen, I soaked pinto beans and short grain brown rice, planning ahead for tonight's meal: Pinto beans Enchilada Style...Brown rice, lettuce, tofu sour cream, guacamole, salsa. The beans have been cooking ALLLLLL day....even though I pre-soaked them, they still needed a lot of time to soften, and I'll put the rice on about 40 minutes before dinner.
For the beans, I am making them as a casserole, sauteing onions, seitan, jalapeno, cumin, chili and chipotle then layering my vegan cheese in with the beans, the seitan mixture and baking it until it is heated through (about 30 minutes).The mixture gets layered between sauce covered whole grain tortillas and vegan cheese- 3 layers in all.

I was going to make a mole sauce today, a delicious traditional chocolate chili pepper sauce but I didn't have the peppers...:( ........I am baking it with salsa instead as a sauce and may have to use some leftover marinara to extend my salsa. It will be served in a hot whole grain tortilla with rice, lettuce and all of the accoutrements from above plus some lime......I'm pretty excited for dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment