Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 4



I had an amazing practice this morning- the vibration of the room was insane...filled with so many students.... tweaking to practice... hard....it was amazing. I hold visions of myself taking different asanas, handstand, forearm stand...and they are manifesting...wildly. I feel like I have finally found my church.... inside of me. I have never seen or felt it so clearly as I do now- I don't attribute it to a vegan diet- more like the intentionality that I have set ablaze in going vegan....I am here.....now. Baron Baptiste says: You are either NOW here.....or.....NOWHERE.....the possibilty in a space..... ;)

I trained a client immediately after practice and lucky Mr.C got the contact high. His practice was amazing, I felt more like his guide than anything else and it was mutually, a great session. I came home and felt spacious. I asked Claudine about dinner and nothing was really agreed upon. I opened up the refrigerator and gazed over it's contents. 1/2 a squash, some carrots, most of an onion, celery, and cauliflower. The squash had been in there the longest and was like "YO....I have about a day left.....2 days MAX........." And then it hit me........, I had every single ingredient I needed to make..........TOFU POT PIE.......How can it be???

This meal is SO fricken yummy. The first time I had it, my sister had made it for a Thanksgiving Dinner years ago- it was out of the Kripalu Cookbook....I adapted the recipe just slightly- (as my sister can attest to me not sticking to recipes......it used to drive her crazy when we had the bakery..."ELLEN...what does a LITTLE BIT MEAN??? 1 teaspoon? 1/2 teaspoon???) but I stay pretty true to their version- just add my Ellen-ness to it.

You steam the cauliflower with the squash then puree that with tahini, miso, ume and brown rice vinegar, agave, salt and pepper- that's the base. Then in a pan, you sauté onions with diced potatoes. Chopped into uniform size pieces, you have carrots, celery and tofu, and frozen peas and corn ( I didn't have the corn but that was the ONLY thing.....), about a 1/4 cup of each. In a bowl, everything gets mixed together, the base, the veggies, tofu, potato/onion mixture.

In the Kripalu cookbook you can either make a biscuit topping or a traditional pastry crust- I made a simple whole grain Spelt flour crust with coconut oil, pinch of salt. This goes over the whole dish- I wasn't into having so much dough (I teach tonight so we will be eating later)......so I poured the pot pie mixture into an oven proof, deepish-dish and then just rolled out the crust for over the top (instead of having the pie crust bottom and top). It bakes for 35-40 minutes at 375 and you serve it with a salad. D E L I C I O U S.......

No comments:

Post a Comment